Dental Hygiene Career Exploration Program
November 2017 - May 2018
The Dental Hygiene Career Exploration Program is offered to all high school students in Virginia who are interested in exploring a career in dental hygiene.
The VCU Dental Hygiene Career Exploration Program is designed to expose high school students to the dental hygiene profession. Program participants will gain hands-on laboratory experience dealing with: dental hygiene instrumentation, dental anatomy, scaling, mock interviews, and more!
The three-day, non-residential program will focus on the following areas:
- Increase awareness of the profession of dental hygiene as a career option
- Offer strategies for entry into a dental hygiene baccalaureate program
- Provide students with exposure to dental hygiene through hands-on activities
- Give students an opportunity to experience a learning environment that is compatible with the standards of higher education that will enhance their overall academic skills
- Encourage students to feel confident about pursuing a health professions program
Students are required to provide their own transportation and parking during the program. Lunch and any resource materials required to participate in the program will be provided. Commitment to full attendance is required to participate.
For consideration to the program, students must complete a full application and submit supplemental materials, including one letter of recommendation and official transcript. Preference will be given to highly-qualified, underrepresented minority first-generation college, or students interested in serving in under-served communities, but is open to all applicants.
A minimum of a 2.5 G.P.A. is required to participate in this program.
Program Contact Information
Lindsay Smith at (804) 628-2283 or email@example.com.