Dental Career Exploration Program
July 5 - July 14, 2017
November 1 - May 1, 2017
Download the program flier.
The Dental Career Exploration program (DCE) is offered to rising 10th, 11th, and 12th grade students and those students who will graduate in June 2017, from across Virginia who are interested in exploring a career in dentistry.
The two-week, non-residential program will focus on the following areas:
- Increase awareness of the profession of dentistry as a career option
- Provide high school students with exposure to dentistry through an interactive dental anatomy course, hands-on activities, and clinical observations
- Give students an opportunity to experience a learning environment that is compatible with the standards of higher education
- Provide high school students with preparatory information for successful admission to a four year college program and dental school
- Encourage students to feel confident about succeeding a health professions program
Transportation and parking are not provided by the program.
Lunch and any other materials required to participate in the program will be provided. Commitment to full attendance, including an orientation session and closing event, is required to participate.
For consideration to the program, students must complete a full application and submit supplemental materials, including one letter of recommendation and an official high school transcript. Preference will be given to highly-qualified, underrepresented minority, first generation college, or students interested in serving in under-served communities, but is open to all applicants.
Program Contact Information
Lindsay Smith at (804) 628-2283 or email@example.com.