Allied Health Career Exploration
June 4 - June 15, 2018
October 15th - April 6th
Rising and current college freshmen, sophomores, and juniors.
Allied Health Career Exploration is a program designed to expose students to the diverse professional programs available at the VCU School of Allied Health Professions.
In this two-week, nonresidential summer program, students will:
- Explore each department/degree program in the VCU School of Allied Health Professions: patient counseling, clinical laboratory sciences, physical therapy, occupational therapy, nurse anesthesia, rehabilitation counseling, radiation sciences, health administration and gerontology
- Experience hands-on and interactive activities within each discipline
- Attend workshops on current health care topics
- Gain knowledge of professional and clinical ethics
- Participate in workshops to strengthen skills in interviewing, resume development and personal statement writing
- Receive the information necessary to navigate the application process for a program in the School of Allied Health Professions
- Gain confidence about pursuing a health professions program
Students are required to provide their own transportation to and from the program site on a daily basis. Lunch and any resource materials required to participate in the program will be provided at no cost to participants. Commitment to full attendance, including an orientation session and closing event, is required to participate.
To be considered for the program, students must submit a complete application including two letters of recommendation and official transcript(s). Preference is given to students from under-represented backgrounds (educational, social, or economic).
Program Contact Information
firstname.lastname@example.org or call (804) 827-0982.